The Eagles


Friday, April 30, 2010

My Best Friend

Friends play a very important part in everyone's life. Some friend offer you their shoulders to cry on; Other friends challenge your opinons or push you to try new things; Another friends offer their friendships and faith to cheer up with you. But my best friend Yuanyuan offers it all.

She's someone I can rely on. She knows me inside and outside. when I first moved here, She already settled in Seattle area, studying for The USMLE- United States Medical Licensing Exam. She helped me and gave me the best advice. I remembered after my first drive test failure, I told her I would never take the test again. She drove me to a quiet place and talked to me "Lily, I'm only a petite woman compare with you. I also fulled of fears when I practiced how to drive. Look, I'm driving now. If I can do it, you can do it too!" That encouraged me a lot, and I kept practicing, eventually I got my drive license.

She has a wonderful sense of humor. She always finds a way to handle every situation with her humor, even the bad ones. Because her husband discouraged to find a job, he has been studying on campus for 5 years. Sometimes, even his family and friends complained about him. She always told them be kind with every family members and friends. She said if her husband likes, he even can pursue his postdoctoral degree. She said it wasn't a perfect match a doctor and a postdoctor?

We are always talking or laughing about something. She always is warm-hearted and soft-spoken. We used to shopping a lot at mall. Sometimes it seemed like we hanging out together just sat and talked. After she moved to Baltimore for her three years residency training program, we always have talked to each other at least every two weeks. She is very active and calls me when I forget to call her every time.

As someone once said, "Life support comes from friends. " From that, we know friendship is the basic unit of a society. Because my friend and I have a deeper relationship, so I find the time that I spend with her to be very valuable.

3 comments:

  1. Great post! I have a good friend also called YuanYuan, but different one. From your essay it is easy to tell the friendship between you and her. It's always lucky to have a friend like her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice essay Lily, is nice to have a friend like her congratulations, also those are the real friends to help us. Have a nice day.
    I'll see you next friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, Lily. I would like to see you work with the first paragraph to make it more interesting. Maybe, "Some friends offer ... Other friends offer.... But my best friend offers it all" . Also, I would like to see you work with the last paragraph so that it goes one step further - rather than just a recap, something more thought-provoking. I'll look forward to seeing what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete