The Eagles


Saturday, May 29, 2010

Loving Eagles Is Loving Yourself!

The Eagles' three-hour performance on May 26 at KeyArena, Seattle. A great band from a great time in music history, which bringing back memories and touching the hearts of every generation, such as baby boomers, generation X, and so on.

What an amazing show! They are a truly fabulous band. I felt honored to be there with all of the crowd singing along. You can hear my voice! Although it's far less perfect, But I extremely love it. I sang with Tim Schmit "I Can't Tell You Why". Actually, I sang with them all night long: "Hotel California," "Peaceful Easy Feeling," " "Witchy Woman," "Lyin' Eyes""The Long Run," "Heartache Tonight," "Desperado" "take it easy"...

Speaking of Eagles, I recalled my American dream, which started from their song "Hotel California." when I was 18 listened to the record from my brother-in-law, who was dating my sister and gave that to me as a gift for my coming college. many years ago, when the time we still used gramophone to appreciate of music, I remembered the first time I listened to "Hotel California", I was totally shocked. I always wanted to go the place they sang "you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave". What was it metaphor for ? It's so mysterious, illusional, and romantic.

It was my dream to come to America and see for myself. I am so proud that I am living my dream. I am in America now and could actually see the band that impressed me so much. To me, they represent the freedom and individualism one can express in the new world.

That night I was crazy for these phenomenal guys. All I could say was WOW!

1 comment:

  1. I think your video title should be, The Eagles and ME -- or "Lily and the Eagles! :) I am glad you finally got to see them! Too bad you don't live in CALIFORNIA now!
    Your post title is great; a wonderful short essay on why they are important to you. Good job...and keep that peaceful easy feeling with you!

    ReplyDelete