The Eagles


Friday, May 21, 2010

Writing a letter to MR.President Obama

Hello,MR.President Obama
I'm from China. I have lived in the US 5 years. I became American citizen at 2008. America has been my home for 5 years.
I'm an ESL student at Renton Technical College. I work at Davita Dialysis clinic. My daughter is 15 year old. I came to US because there're more opportunities and I love America because there's more freedom.
I'm writing to you today ask you to support immigration reform. Immigrants are what this country is made of. We need reform to allow the immigrants who are living in the US to be able to live here in peace, and to have a reasonable pathway to becoming citizens.
I'm glad that Seattle is a sanctuary city for immigrants. But the need for a better pathway to citizenship still remains. This is an issue that needs to be addressed immediately.
Please help to to support immigration reform in this country. I and over 12 million other immigrants will be very grateful to you for taking concrete steps towards immigration reform. After all, we are all immigrants in this country.

Sincerely,

Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment